Monday, August 18, 2008

Ruthie's Room

So I have had Ruthie's room painted since last November! I know I know procrastination - it's not like I've had anything else keeping me busy... so I finally got some time to put up her princess border and nobody told me that the ceiling to wall ratio was NOT straight...OK so it totally stinks to have OCD and try to get a border straight on a wall that isn't...so after much stress and effort I got it up and straight - to my eye anyway - screw the lazer level that you cannot use if the wall to ceiling isn't straight , but that's a whole other stress!
So here are the final pics...
She came home and was SO ecstatic! Did I mention that she would pray Every night for like 6 months for her room to get finished and then finally gave up?!
The border was about 18 inches too short from completing the room when I remembered that I had curtains that matched her bedspread. My sister and friend came and helped me hang them and it turned out SO CUTE! Ruthie loves it when we untie them every night to mak her room dark! Now onto the boys room... wish me luck with only 5 or so weeks left until this baby gets here...too many projects too little time.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Cute, Cute! I bet she loves going to sleep in her new princess room every night now. Be glad you have only one girl to please. Mine share a room and won't agree on a paint color. One wants pink the other one can't stand pink and that makes for a white room still.

Valerie said...

A princess room for a little princess... aren't girls fun sometimes??