Monday, August 11, 2008

King Size Bed for 4...or 6 1/2


So Landon and I have a California King size bed...but there's not much room (if ANY) when there are 4 kids in it! I woke up this morning to all 4 kids in my bed. Those of you who know me know that I am not one to have my kids in my bed to sleep EVER! Snuggling and goofing off are a different story but a bed built for 6 ( and a 1/2 - if you include the pregnant belly) yeah NO. So I guess Porter woke up 1st and then Weston and James and Ruthie crawled in sometime in the early morning hours!. So much for the sticker charts for incentives! Maybe it's because they got to bed really late after a family thing...oh well. I love my kids, but I love my sleep too!!So get back in your own bed.

8 comments:

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

Looks like a party!

Valerie said...

Wow... You deserve a nap! It is amazing how quick a king bed shrinks when the whole fam-damily joins in... Fun moment to catch, though!

Heather said...

There is just something about mom and dads bed. The kids sleep so good in it!!!! DANG!
I love your link for Sofias prim ideas.

Jan said...

They all look sooooo cozy!
Your right that California King bed doesn't look so big when there's four kids in it!
Way too cute :)

Alishia said...

How funny! No sticker chart can compete with sleeping next to mom and dad. Eventually they'll be teenagers and want nothing to do with you. Then you'll wish they were little and snuggling in your bed again. Enjoy them while they are little because they grow up way too fast.

Erin said...

Pretty funny...gotta love those kiddos! Enjoy it while you can...this time will pass all too quickly. At least you are documenting these moments...nothing like making memories!!!

SBrooks said...

Oh, I remember the days of getting bloody noses from a strong asleep little person having a fight in his dreams. Those were the days! now, only our two dogs join us. Thank goodness they are small and cuddly!

Anonymous said...

love to join them, I like girls and boys so I would have a blast, lots of nice tight holes