Monday, August 18, 2008

J & Sally

So on Saturday Landon took the kids to the fish store to buy some thing new for our tank. We have a 55 gallon salt water tank and the kids love picking out new fish for the tank... the only problem is sometimes the FISH don't like it when we add someone new to THEIR environment... this is Landon defending our new striped fish that the kids named 'J' short for Jail Bird.
Marlin and Nemo (our clown fish) bit off his fins in about 2 minutes from him being added to the tank - poor little guy was so stressed out!
Sally is harded to see...look to the right of J on the left side of the rock. She is called a sally lighfoot crab and loves to eat 'things' off the rocks...ya know to keep the tank clean...I'm all over someone else cleaning up after the fish since I have enough of my own little fish to clean up after :) So for now we have J in a container in the fish tank to protect him until we can figure out what to do...and the clown fish are still trying to get at him...it's been a good teaching lesson for the kids about making good choices and how our actions affect others!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I will have to show my kids this post! They LOVE your fish tank. Those fish are fightin' for their territory!

Valerie said...

I hope your little clown fish finds his place soon. Maybe they just need to do the initiation ceremonies and give him this new "tank" name before they can accept him. :)

Jolene said...

You are a nice mom. We have no pets - not even fish. My kids beg but I won't give in.

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

My kids love your tank. They always talk about it when ever they leave your house.