Friday, March 27, 2009

Utah Trip

Those of you who really know me...laugh all you want...and those of you who don't, well you can laugh with them! We went to Utah over spring break with all 5 kids (under age 8, 2 w/ special needs and 3 in diapers)! Yes we are crazy and yes we won't be doing that again any time soon!!! (Sorry Chris and Tiff - we do love you guys!) Anyways, Landon's mom called to give me some tips for the long car ride (14 hours), since she made it twice a year,every year for 16 years with her boys. (Hope I'm right on the math there) She suggested having something 'new and fun' to throw back at them every hour...THANK YOU MOM for this advice, it saved the trip! The kids did amazing...only 2 kids whined only 2 times the ENTIRE trip. Seriously amazing - I don't think my sister and I ever traveled that well(what do you think Sony?). So here are pictures of how I organized it all and the charts to help motivate their GOOD behaviors (Thank you Alishia). You may read this and laugh all you want,yes I know I'm OCD, but it worked like a charm!
We had I spy books,Car Battleship, Road Bingo (from momsminivan.com), stamps, markers, leappad books, sticker books, suckers,special prizes, and treasure box for good behavior!

5 comments:

anna said...

Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to make it through a trip like that!
When we made that trip a couple years ago I did the same thing!
looks like fun!

Unknown said...

Wow.. wish I would have had some of these ideas when we made our 36 hour roadtrip to Florida last summer... except it was just me and the kids on that one.. SOOOOO NOT FUN!!! Me with five kids... yeah - NO! Never Again!!! You look like you faired MUCH better then me!!!

Tiffanyrose said...

Amy, I was just reading through your posts and realized we have something in common, I have a Porter and a Weston too! Porter is the older brother, Weston is the younger. Funny stuff. Sounds like you guys had a great trip!

tiffany knox said...

Hey guys it's Chris! So what fun would it be if it was just a dull quick car ride? You got to go through snow storms and everything! At least make it sound exciting... you know, it doesn't happen in the valley like it does up here. We miss you guys a ton! I just hope that the trip was more fun than trouble... We sure enjoyed having you!

Alishia said...

You are amazing!! But also very sick. I'm sure there is a doc that could help you with your OCD. : ) I thought I was bad, you're way worse. Apparently that's why we are friends. Lots in common!