Friday, March 6, 2009

The Little Black Boots


These little black boots were made for wearin' and that's just what I've done, you'd never know the story of how I finally got them on!
So 1 1/2 years ago my friends talked me into buying these black boots! "They're so cute","you have to have these"," It's about time you got something trendy" (yada yada yada) SO giving into peer pressure I bought these sassy things and promised to wear them the next day (what can I say, my friends know me well) The next day was church and as I got ready and pulled out my fun little boots I saw that the security ink tag was still on one of the boots. I got reamed that day for not wearing them and had to promise to get that tag removed so I COULD wear them...well over a year and a half later - when all my cute friends have been wearing their boots- I finally thought I've got to get this tag off.
The problem was I couldn't find my receipt and I didn't want the store to think I was stealing them..."Hi could you remove the tag so I can wear my boots?"
So my friends hubby was teasing me about not wearing my boots and I said "I'll wear them if you can get this tag off." So Sunday morning it came off - with a little effort and one blow torched tag later :) (Thanks Bryan)
So here are my little black boots and oh how I wish I would've gotten to wear them sooner. Well, better late than never!!!

5 comments:

Alishia said...

I loved them. You looked great!! My husband would do anything for anyone who wanted to wear boots like those. He's a succor for a pretty girl!!

karis stapley said...

Oh, they are so cute! I love em! I finally got my self some tall boots almost just like yours a couple of months ago when we moved here to AR. & I love 'em! I saw how many woman were wearing them to church here & found it was the best thing for the cold winter months here. And it is so fun to have "sassy" boots!
You look great in them!

karis stapley said...

Ok. one more comment. I realized looking at your cute pic that you could totally pass as Breanna's sister! Even more than me by far!

Wendy Hansen said...

Amy, you are so funny. That totally sounds like some absurd thing that would happen to me. I think it did happen to me before with some jeans. Anyway, I'm glad that you finally got to wear your sassy boots, you look great!

Anonymous said...

Cute boots!!! and cute outfit!!!
I just bought some boots a few weeks ago because they were on clearance (love dsw) but I haven't worn them yet, I bought them at the wrong time, it's getting to warm.
It was fun going to a movie, we do need to do that again and thank you for leaving such a nice comment on my blog, I hope I can pull off wearing glasses, I am stuck with them now.