Monday, February 16, 2009

Romeo & Juliet Ballet for Valentine's Day


Landon surprised me for Valentine's Day with tickets to the Romeo & Juliet Ballet!!! For those of you who know my sweet Hubby you'll laugh that his mom said, "MY SON WENT TO A BALLET?" :) It was such a fun night. Thank you to my parents, who watched Blake and Brenda who watched the kids! They had a blast and so did we! The costumes were beautiful (although men in tights is not my idea of appealing), the sets and scenery were gorgeous and the music by the Phoenix Symphony was wonderful. Even Landon had a good time and enjoyed the ballet (although not so much the men in tights) hehehe. The next day I showed Ruthie my point shoes from when I used to dance ballet and she tried them on and walked around the kitchen in them...so then I tried them on and walked around the kitchen - I couldn't do much else - it's been 15 years, 5 kids and ...so many lbs. later ;)...but I did it!
Ruthie on her toes!

Our future Ballerina

6 comments:

Renae said...

What a great suprise! I bought tickets to Wicked for Justin and I and I think his attitude is the same. He knows it'll make me happy and maybe he'll even like it! What good husbands we have. ;) I love the toe shoes also. Ruthie is so stinkin cute.

Jenae said...

Okay Amy...I am not sure if you remember me, but my name is Jenae and I went to school with Landon and I've known Anna since 2nd grade, anyway, I saw that you guys had a blog through theirs and I thought I'd check it out, well, I found that we have 7-year-olds who look like hey could be brothers in some of the pictures you have. I could not believe it. Check out our blog @ jjgilesfamily.blogspot.com and see what I mean. It looks like you guys are doing well and it was fun to see what cute kiddos you guys have! Take care
Jenae Giles

Heather said...

That was nice of Landon, RIch would never do such a thing! Glad you had a fun time and what a CUTE ballerina you have.

Wendy Hansen said...

So great, what a fun Valentine's activity. I love it when the hubby's take one for the team, how sweet. The point shoes are fantastic, I didn't know you were a ballerina, very nice.

Pam said...

Wow way to go Landon. That was so sweet. Glad you had such a great Valentines.
I can see Ruthie definitely playing the part of the ballerina she sure looks cute in those shoes. And shes got the smile to go with it.

Alishia said...

What a romantic!! You are so lucky!

Hey, next year you should tell him you want to go to a wedding. What a week it has been! hehe!