Thursday, February 12, 2009

Great Love Story...






"Real LOVE STORIES never have endings."
Richard Bach

I love Valentine's Day! I know this is cheesy, but it is my favorite holiday. What can I say...candy, love notes, flowers...what could be better! James came home with a little love note question from school that asked about my favorite Valentine's gift...after thinking long and hard this is the memory that sticks out the most;
About 4 years ago, with 3 kids under age 4, things were pretty stressful in our house. Porter was sick a lot, James and Ruthie were just babies and we were just trying to keep our heads above water. Valentines was the next day and it was a long night with being up with the kids. After finally getting to be at about 2 am, 6:00am came too early. When I woke up I couldn't help but smile :) Landon had cut out about 100 or more hearts and heart attacked our room and house everywhere!!! Then as I was getting myself and the kids ready for the morning, there were sweet valentine's love notes tucked and hidden all over as well...some were in drawers, inside shoes, under pillows, in the fridge & microwave... What an amazing, sweet and thoughtful husband I have.
That is my all time favorite Valentine's Day. The love that my tired hubby showed me by doing the things he knew meant a lot, just to put a smile on my face! Every year we build new memories and strengthen the love we have for eachother. Every year we work harder to have more charity and do more service. How blessed I am to be able to weather the storm of life with such an amazing man. I love you Landon!

7 comments:

Julie said...

don't you just love when kids are so sweet!! That little story melted my heart. My kids have never done that!! I'm going to have to drop some hints this year.

Julie said...

oh, the winner is posted on my blog with some pics for you.

Wendy Hansen said...

Awwwww, so sweet. I love it when men pay attention and give women what we really want, LOVE NOTES! What a great story. He definitely gets brownie points for that one.

anna said...

too sweet. Don't you just love those Varney men...their mamma taught 'em well! :)

Paige said...

I love Valentines too! And you know what, I love it most just becuase it's one single day to dedicate to who i love most! Lots of hugs, lots of kisses! And we all know that i LOVE Sterling's kisses... why do you think i have so many kids!!!hahaha. Well Amy, your kids are so cute and getting big. Ruthie is adorable strutting her hair do's! Don't you wish they'd keep their hair perfect like that all the time?!? You are a great mama! Keep it up.
Hugs, Paige

Pam said...

That is so sweet. I love hubbies that have a romantic side and from the looks of it Landon definitely has one. Hope your Valentines Day this year is just as memorable.

Ryan and PJ Olson said...

You two are so meant to be together! I love that I can take some credit for that one... ;)JK We love you guys!