Wednesday, July 23, 2008

APPLIANCE POLTERGEIST



Are you Kidding Me? So about 4 months ago the dishwasher went out...no drying, super loud, melted everything if you use the heat mechanism...but still at least I didn't have to hand wash everything. So I dealt with it. But THEN...



I opened up the Refrigerator (or so it is named) 3 weeks ago to find that my food was not being refrigerated...what a fraud! So now what? We call in 'MIKE' the appliance repair guy. LIttle did I know that he would soon become a close friend of the family... after replacing the defrost timer
and thawing out the back of the freezer, or should I say mini radiator, he screwed everything back together collected his $165 and called it fixed... well about 3 days later and $140 in Costco groceries gone bad...Mike came to visit again, and replaced the defrost timer AGAIN...oh yeah, it went bad. So we are now on timer # 2 and assured that all is well. I did have the sense to NOT buy groceries and sure enough 2 days later HI MIKE! The timer was out again!!! So over the phone I learned how to manually reset the defrost timer in the fridge and unscrew the screwed stuff...literally SCREWED hehehe, but seriously NOT funny. So Mike comes last Tuesday and replaces the timer. Now we are on # 3 and getting ready to head up to the ranch. So $200 in groceries later I find FROST on the back of the freezer (on the inside and for those who don't know...it's NOT supposed to have frost!). So I call Mike , I should mention that he hasn't charged us a penny and is really a great guy, we just had a fluke Fridge..not the word I would rather use, but all the same... So Thursday Mike comes out and has talked to the manufacturer and replaces a wire in the fridge connecting the timer etc... and says we are good to go!

The next day the Microwave transformer - the thing that makes it nuke the food - goes out. I should mention that the turn table went out about 6 weeks or so ago but we made due. I didn't want to know what that would cost and all the cars had died ( for real) on the same day... The microwave NOT really being on my list of priorities if you know what I mean... So back to the transformer...it would cost about $150 bucks to fix and suggested that we should just get a new one...we figured we'd do that after the ranch trip DUMDUMDUM(B)...
We came home to all the groceries bad in the warm "FRIDGE" and the microwave we bought and poor Landon tried to install horribly loud so we took it back and are still looking! So there is the story of our appliance poltergeist! I hope and pray that he is killed and died with our house and doesn't see fit to grace any of you with his UNWELCOME presence! Pray for us and pass the ammunition!

4 comments:

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

You have to admit If you heard some one else tell the story, you'd be snickering! But since it's you, I'd be pulling my hair out!

Juvan Family said...

I'm so sorry! I feel for you!

Alishia said...

The good news is that eventually you'll have a kitchen with all new appliances. (I'm trying to find the silver lining here. I know it's a stretch!) Hopefully, that poltergeist will find a new home soon and hopefully it is not mine.

Erin said...

I have to say this is quite funny since we just happened to be on the phone when your "friend" Mike came for what seems to be his weekly visit. I have to admit I was very proud of you for speaking so calmly to him...especially since you just lost all those great Costco groceries. I sure hope that was the last of all your kitchen woes.